Having the time of our lives...
I can't believe Shepherd and Spencer are 18 months old. They are now closer to being two than one years old. This is such a fun time!
-They are a lot more vocal. They can say 40-50 words and can put two words together. Some of their favorite phrases are "Now Then", "Thank you", "the door", and "Love You". I love they can communicate more with me!
-They love to sit in their closet and play with all the toys. They are going to love having a fort one day.
-They both can throw a ball really well and are learning to catch with two hands.
-They love Elmo, Mickey ("Mimmie"), and Barney. They have started asking to watch tv more, so I end up closing the doors to hide the tv.
-They can identify all the parts of their face and feet and toes. They love tickling your toes. "tickle,tickle"
-They have started wanting to say their own prayers. They will repeat us and say "God, mommy, Daddy, Bubba, Sophie, food, Amen" It is precious! They love to say amen! They scream it during church when the prayers are over. Usually they scream "Amen, play" because they know at the end of the closing prayer, they can get down and play.
-They are still picky about what they eat. I have found a solution!! If they won't eat something, I give them a fork and they usually will eat it. I guess they feel more independent that way! Silly boys!
-They can identify the difference between cars and trucks and love to watch them when we are playing outside or riding in the car.
Eating cupcakes to celebrate our 1/2 birthday!
Shepherd says "Hey" to everyone and is very social. When he knows I am upset at him, he thinks by waving and saying hey to me makes it better. He is usually right! :) He likes to say "OFF" about items that need to be turned off or shut. The word "off" is his new "shut". He was saying "shut" to everything last month. Shepherd is very vocal. He can say anything I ask him too. His new favorite word is "NO". I am not a huge fan of this, but he says it even when he means "Yes". So I am going to give it some time. Shepherd's new love is french fries (he gets it from his momma). I try not to give it to them often, but that is what I crave right now being pregnant. He asks for "frech fry, frech fry" often. One day he asked during breakfast...I felt horrible! He still loves to cram his mouth full of food. I don't stress as much, because he seems to be ok with it.
Spencer didn't like the icing very much!
Spencer loves to march and dance for you. He loves to give kisses and for you to kiss his teddy bear. Spencer is our climber! He will push toys next to furniture and climb up on top. I have to watch him constantly! He loves to go outside and asks to go all the time. "igtside, igtside, igtside". Spencer is vocal also. He still babbles a lot, which I never want to stop! He carries on a conversation with me, just with babble and it is the cutest thing! Spencer loves his "bubba". He cries and cries for him when he wakes up from his nap and Shepherd is not awake. I have to keep him in another room further away from Shepherd's door. Spencer is a lot more attached to me. He calls for me a lot. I don't mind it. I know it is coming at a bad time, with Sophie arriving next month, but I am cherishing this time with my boys and rocking them every chance I get.
Climbing on toys..Monkey See, Monkey Do
Last night was a big night for us. We took the boys to their first movie, Winnie the Pooh. They did really well. I think they loved the previews the best because they were more fast paced.
Next month, Sophie will be here! I can't believe it! I don't think it all has set in.. I guess it will when I hold her and see her precious face! We are busy getting everything ready for her. Last weekend we upgraded to a mini van. I mean what are you going to do with 3 kids under the age of 2? I said I never wanted a minivan, but I LOVE IT! I will never go back! There is so much room for everything. I've been trying to find places to go this week, just to drive it!


2 comments:
Everytime I look at these it just makes me smile, we're so blessed!
I love reading your blog about the boys and your life. It allows me to enjoy their life and see their progress from far away. I was feeling a little sad the other day because I don't get to see all of the cute and sweet things the boys are doing. Hopefully, we will be able to come see you all in a few weeks. If the weather is good, we will fly up in Ron's plane for a weekend. Love you all!!
Post a Comment