Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun Fun Fun

Having so much fun!

We have had some great weather and fun weekends! We spent a lot of weekends in March in Birmingham. It was a lot of fun, but traveling even 2 hours is hard with twins. They love their beds and like to nap when they want. Last weekend was A Day here in Auburn. We went and walked around campus, had a picnic lunch, and saw the new basketball arena. It makes me excited for the boys to get older and enjoy seeing the eagle and Aubie. I can't wait for them to say "War Eagle Hey!" for the first time! Tomorrow my parents and Justin are coming down. Saturday is Cityfest and I can't wait! It is a big outdoor arts and crafts show. I had a booth in it 2 years ago, but this year we are going to go walk around and have a picnic lunch! I hope the weather holds out for us!

We are battling with our first cold this week. It is horrible! I hate to see them not feel well. At least it is not affecting their sleeping. We have now slept through the night for ONE WEEK!! Right now they are eating every 3 1/2 to 4 hours and usually eat around 4 :30 or 5. We get baths around 6:30 and then they are so ready to go to bed by 7 to 7:30. We wake them up for their last feeding around 9 or 9:30. I know most people say DO NOT WAKE A SLEEPING BABY! But right now this is what is working. After that feeding, they will sleep until 5ish or even 6:30 like they did today! Matt and I feel like new people!

Shep and Spence are laughing out loud for the past couple of weeks! We are going to try and get it on video soon! it is so precious! Shep laughs at bath time every night. He loves not to have on clothes and thinks it is too funny! They both laugh during the day, but I can't video them while holding 2 babies!

They have been noticing each other for a while now, but never at the same time! This past week, they both looked at each other at the same time, smiled and cooed! It was such a special moment...I got teared up. Since then, it has happened at least once a day. It is going to be so much fun through the years to watch their friendship grow. I love my sweet Shepherd and Spencer so much!

A Day in Auburn


While walking back to the car, we saw the new Auburn basketball coach. Shep and Spence were very excited to meet him!! =)

Hanging out with Brooks

Resting in the new basketball arena

War Eagle! The new basketball court

I love all the orange!

Just for fun...

ADORABLE!
PRECIOUS

Hanging out in Dad's chair

Waking up from snoozing on couch
Hey Mom!

8 comments:

vicki said...

I love love love all the picS!! I Love the new arena too! WOW!!
Isn't it a cool thing your STROLLER matches Auburn colors??

How sweet boys are noticing each other...I love it when they smile at one another and love each other You will love that about them even in adulthood!!!...so sweet...still love the video of them waking up...sure hope weather holds out for tomorrow and Saturday...wish Caroline could come!! :-(....Love you, MOM

Julie said...

Cute pictures! Love the hats :-) Hope they feel better soon! But at least it isn't affecting their sleeping- sleeping through the night is the best milestone of all!

Matt said...

They are so much fun, hopefully the cold will clear up soon! Even though I know all this I still enjoy these posts!

Amy said...

I'm so happy that you are all getting some sleep! I love all the pictures. They are precious boys.

The Phelps said...

They are adorable, Jana! You are doing such a wonderful job! I'm glad you are finally getting some rest at night.

dhall said...

Oh my goodness!! They are so precious!! I can't wait to see them again. Hope they are feeling better SOON!!
Love you all.
Denise

Anonymous said...

They are the cutest little boys I've ever seen!! You look beautiful Jana! I'm so happy they're sleeping so good for you. Isn't it the greatest point to get too? you start feeling like you can function NORMALLY again! :) We have LOVED putting our babies down between 7:00 and 7:30-gives us more time in the evening and both mine have always slept better the earlier I've put them to bed. Keep up with the updates-I LOVE reading about these precious babies. Love and miss you! Jenn

Misty said...

Jana, Your boys are SO CUTE! I enjoyed looking at these sweet pictures. The last two after waking up are so precious. :) Also, the Auburn basketball arena looks great! One day you will be taking Shep and Spence to see some basketball games. :)
~Misty :)