Wednesday, February 17, 2010

1 Month Appt

We had our 1 month doctor's appointment yesterday. Both babies are healthy and look great! Our doctor spent a lot of time answering ALL my questions. (I had a page worth..hey I have 2 babies!) They had to get one shot, which was terrible for me. They also had to take blood from their heel, which I think was worse than the shot. Shepherd was SO upset during and after the shot. His little eyes were looking at me, like "Why did you let her do that?". It was terrible. Spencer cried some, but was a tough boy! Spencer was wide awake while the doctor examined him and let Dr. Carter do whatever he needed. Shepherd slept through the whole examine, until the shot! =)

I try and get the boys to have tummy time every day. The doctor said they should be getting 30 minutes of it every day. It is so hard, because they do not enjoy it. It is harder on me, than it is on them! I try to entertain them while they are on their tummy, but how much can you entertain a 5 week old? I hope it gets easier!

T he doctor also said the boys should be getting sunshine. It is 30 degrees outside! I can't wait for it to warm up and we can go on walks! I think we are going to go driving today and pick me up some lunch. They boys can get sun in the car. This weekend it will be in the 60's. A walk will be a MUST!

1 Month Stats

Shepherd-
9 pounds 4 ounces (He has gained exactly 3 pounds since birth) eats 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours
20 1/2 inches long
Head- 14 1/4

Spencer-
9 pounds 14 ounces (Our chunky monkey!) Eats 4-5 ounces every 3-3 1/2 hours
20 1/2 inches long
Head- 14 1/2

Next please!

Spence's lovie

Shep's lovie

Uncle Justin feeding his first bottle...he is doing great!

Uncle Kyle came for a visit

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your chunky monkeys sure are cute!! Tummy time was always hard on my girls too. They get SO frustrated. :) Tummy time can also be just laying on your chest-that helps with their neck muscles... now tummy time with TWO that way could get challenging. :)

You're doing a great job, Mommy!! The boys are PRECIOUS! Jenn Hinely

Anonymous said...

LOVE your blog, glad I finally got to see it. I agree the prick on the heel is terrible! it makes me tear up with the baby! :( You look great and I know you are doing a wonderful job! Beautiful boys, I hope they dont grow out of the things I bought them :/, Hope to get up there before then. hugs to all of you! Holly Willingham

vicki said...

Love all the pictures of the babies...and love the one of My BIG baby (Justin) holding your little one..Love Mom

Laura said...

I am so glad they had a good visit with the doctor! Getting shots has always been hard for me, too. I get teary eyed every time, and even though Phil is always with me for checkups, I want to be the one to pick them up after the shots!! Just wait until they cry and say "Mama"! Oh gosh, I get choked up just thinking about it since we have our 18 month ones coming up. You are doing a great job!!! I bet you feel it becoming a tiny bit easier every day. It will just keep getting better and better. I can't WAIT to meet them!!! So sweet!!

Beth Baswell said...

I LOVE these photos!! Honey, you are doing a fantastic job--I can sense your absolute JOY in everything you write about them!! I am sure they feel it in everything you do for them--They just get more precious every day!!

lp said...

Awe little babies! Glad they are so healthy, hungry and growing!!! L-O-V-E YOU!

Anonymous said...

The boys are adorable! I cannot believe how healthy and big they are. You and Matt are doing a GREAT job! I love the new pics too- so sweet. They will be in that 3 mos. clothing before you know it! Did you get my email about bottles?
-- Candy

JDTS said...

Timothy still hates tummy time. I haven't put him on his tummy in about 3 weeks because he had a runny nose and even as it was improving, if I put him on his tummy, it would all start running out and he would be laying in his own snot...I can imagine that would be no fun! We started tummy time again a couple days ago...still not a big fan, but hopefully that will change soon!

JDTS said...

I hope you have been able to get outside some. Timothy and I took a walk 3 days this week...it even got up to 72 one day! It was WONDERFUL! I can't wait to see y'all next month!!!!