Matt and I decided to take Shepherd and Spencer to the beach for our last family trip of just the four of us. I love the beach and have been going every year since I was little. I want to experience that with my children. I couldn't wait to take Shep and Spence, because I knew they would enjoy it a lot more this year. I was worried about them liking the sand. They liked playing in it sometimes, but didn't like it the next day. It was weird. I thought they would like it or not, but it depended on their moods. They loved the water! The last day we were there, we went to the bay and they LOVED that! The water was a lot calmer and we just walked and sat in the water with them. That was my favorite time! Both of them have distinct personalities and keep Matt and I cracking up! We had a blast and enjoyed our quick little trip to the beach!
Filling up the bucket like Daddy showed me
Spence didn't like it on his hands! He looked like this a lot while we were there!
Shep liked Mommy's chair
Spence decided to climb in and join him
"Now then!"
Mommy and Daddy dug us a hole to sit in!
"Want to go build a sand castle?"
We went to a shopping area that had a fountain for the kids to run in and play. Shepherd and Spencer LOVED it! That may be an understatement, let the pictures show their enjoyment!
"Didn't it come out of here?"
One night before dinner, we took the boys to a place that had kiddie rides. They rode the train and the swings.
Weeeeeeee!!!!
Spencer wanted off pretty quickly
Shepherd thought it was a blast!
The last night we were there, we went to take pictures at night. The best time to take pictures on the beach is pretty late at night. The boys did not cooperate because they were tired and mainly the sand! Out of over 200 pictures we took, we got about 3-5 good ones! HA! The joys of photographing children!
Most of our pictures look like this...
But were able to get this incredible picture!! Excuse their hair, it was windy!
We had great family time! Matt and I are so blessed to have Shepherd and Spencer in our lives! Everything is more fun with them! We are now anxiously waiting for our new sweet arrival of Sophie!!




4 comments:
Jana I loved all the pictures so much! You really captured a precious story by all of them! And the last picture made me cry...I don't know why..but to have a little girl to add with Spencer and Shep..is a wonderful thing! Love Love the pictures!
Oh Jana. These are the sweetest pictures and you look beautiful. That is a wonderful picture of you and the setting is perfect. Happy you were able to take a trip to the beach with the boys. I can tell they had fun.
What great pictures!!! So glad you guys had a wonderful trip. You look fantastic Jana! Can hardly wait to meet Ms. Sophie (via the internet!). :) Love you!
Jenn H.
What a wonderful trip! I was relieved when I found out we were just expecting one baby, but you are making me wish for twins! :) So sweet how they love each other!! They are just adorable, Jana, and we will be praying for you all as you await your sweet baby girl! :)
Post a Comment