I love garage sales! I love getting up early on Saturday morning to find items at a low price! I usually only go with my mom when I am in Birmingham. They always have a lot of garage sales to choose from. I am VERY picky about the area I go to. I want nice gently used items. I won't buy just anything! As soon as I get home, everything I bought gets a good dose of Clorox Anywhere Spray and a scrub down! Just two weeks ago, I bought a play kitchen for the boys for $10! They love it! I also got books, a white dresser, and a changing table for Sophie's room. I am going to paint the dresser and changing table to match the baby bed we bought. It was a very successful day!
This past Saturday I noticed there were a lot of signs around where we live, so I looked through the paper and made a plan. I left the house at 5:30 and bought a lego table w/ two chairs (10$), books, blankets and clothes for Sophie, baskets for toys, toy lawn mower, toy wheel barrow, and beach toys. I think my total spendings was around $35-40! I was so excited!
Now that the boys are older, we are needing older toys to keep them busy. With their birthday at Christmas time, there isn't another time where they will receive new toys. What a great way to stock our backyard than cheap finds!! We want our place to be fun for all their friends to come and play!
Ever since Jackson's birthday party, we have been looking for a cheap playhouse for the boys. They loved playing in Caroline and Jacksons! Matt finally found a good one off craigslist and drove and got it yesterday! Here is the boys first time playing in it!
2 comments:
Maybe you have inspired me to wake up early for a yard sale or 2 soon.... maybe! Love the video of those sweet boys!
Well I have watched this for the 50th time...for 50 different reasons!!! The first two reasons..are OF COURSE..Shep and Spence...but mostly to listen to the"jibber jabber" "yayayaydododyay" that Spencer jabbers as he checks out his new house!! It is so funny and makes me smile and laugh EVERY time I watch it...so turn up the volume and enjoy!! Love them so!
Mom
Post a Comment