Monday, November 8, 2010

Update and Halloween

We had a great October! The past few weeks have been so busy with us all getting sick at some point, having friends visit from Tampa, Halloween, Dee Dee and Ron coming from Texas, and then spending time at my parents while Matt was sick. So much to update on. This post is just on Halloween. I will post later this week on visiting with all the grandparents.

A quick update on the boys before we get to ALL the pictures!

Shep has had a big couple of weeks. He now has 4 teeth and is officially crawling.. YEA! He is already so much happier now that he can get toys he wants. I think life just got easier for him.. I am not so much certain for me! ;) He still isn't a big fan of table food. He still just holds out his tongue until it falls off.
Spence is getting a lot more vocal. He is still my laid back one, but is starting to come out of his shell a little bit. He is constantly saying "Dada" and crawling around everywhere fast. I think he is going to be my climber. He is already trying to climb into the bottom of the raised excersauser.
My precious boys are going to be 10 months on Thursday!! I can't believe it!!! Since they are almost 10 months, I decided to start them in bible class yesterday. They did great and were so intrigued with all the songs and manipulatives!

Now on to Halloween...
For Halloween this year, Spence was a lion and Shep was the scarecrow. Matt and I had planned on dressing up as Dorothy and The Tin Man, but we weren't able to go to our Halloween Party, so we just didn't bother with it!

They were both very intrigued by the carving of the pumpkin. I always remember how special and fun carving the pumpkins was as a family. I can't wait for the boys to be able to dig in and get all messy next year! I love how they look so proud of what their Daddy did!

We went up to Birmingham to trick-or-treat with Jessie and Woody!
Shep and Spence kept looking at each other trying to figure this whole thing out!

Trick-or-treating with Papa and Nana

Riding on the hayride

We also went trick-or-treating in downtown Auburn with some friends from church.
Shep and Spence are so lucky that they are going to grow up with so many great christian friends!

3 comments:

vicki said...

I laughed and laughed at Shep spitting out the table food picture! So funny...and just loved the pictures of them in bible class...loved their sweet little legs! Just wait until those "little" legs are 6 feet tall...like my Justin's are!! I DO think Jessie , Woody and the Lion and Scarecrow deserve the award for the cutest around!!

:-D

Love Nana!

Anonymous said...

The picture of the two of them in their costumes looking at eachother cracks me up!! Glad to hear you guys are all feeling better, finally! Love you Jana!
Jenn H.

lp said...

YEAH FOR SHEP CRAWLING!!!