Now I try to be flexible with our schedule, but we all do better when we can stick to it. I know what to expect and so do the boys. I was very routine oriented when I was a teacher, why would I not be with my own children!?!? :)
The boys get up at different times each day so here is modified "typical" schedule...
Anywhere between 6:45 and 7:45- the boys wake up (Whenever they wake up I base the rest of our day on)
7:00- first bottle
7:00-9:15ish- playtime- usually we go from the floor, to excersauser, to bumpos, etc
9:15- cereal and fruit (their favorite meal of the day)
9:30ish- get ready and play time in the bed (see earlier post for video)
10:00 naptime
10:45 (if I'm lucky they sleep 45 mins which they usually don't) - bottle
10:45-12:30 Playtime
12:30- lunch 1/2 a veggie 1/2 fruit
12:45- storytime
1:00-1:45 or 2 (depending on their mood)- playtime
1:30- small bottle
1:45- naptime - I let them really decide when they should go down. Sometimes it is even earlier.
We have been on a good nap schedule and it has gotten even better. Sometimes I get 1 1/2 hour or even one day I got 3 hours!! It is different with each of them and they wake up at different times.
Whenever they wake up-4:30 playtime
4:30- bottle
4:45- 6:30 PLAYTIME with mommy AND daddy :)- Matt gets home around 4:30 and we love this time. We sometimes (a lot of times) go to a grocery store or go walking just to bum around. The boys love to get out!
6:30 dinner -veggies/ maybe a fruit, depending on what they had for lunch
6:45-7:30ish- playing in bed, bath, story time
7:30 bottle and then bed
We are trying to bump the boys back to 7:45 or 8, but they are always ready to go to bed! This would allow us to go out with our friends more at night, but they are doing so well we ARE NOT complaining! :) I was so worried at the beginning about getting on a schedule, and it finally just fell into place!
What a lucky mommy I am!!! Look at my handsome boys!

5 comments:
I always get excited when you text me that you have updated your blog because I know there will be some really cute pictures for me to see!! And I think these just might be my favorite! Shep is just beautiful...yes beautiful....and Spence is totally cute as a button! How precious! Love his little hand and his sweet little fluffy arm!!
Oh ...one more thing...should I PRINT out your schedule...or can I make up my own???? hahahaha You know...like the kind be at Nanas- house- and- do- whatever -they- want- to kind of schedule??? Sounds good to me!! j/k...
I guess I know what kind of mother I'll be! I was a very schedule-oriented teacher as well. Haha. Maybe that's a teacher thing!
You are such a wonderful Mother to our boys, they're so lucky to have you and so am I!
I just melt when I look at these pictures. I do believe they are the most adorable babies I have ever seen!!! Jana, I am so blessed that Matt found you. You are such a wonderful mother and I am so proud. Shepherd and Spencer are two lucky little boys to have you and Matt for parents. If America would raise their children like that, what a wonderful country we would be.
Love you!!! Love to you all...DeeDee
Post a Comment