Friday, June 4, 2010

New Milestones

Shepherd and Spencer are just growing up so fast. They are starting to look more like little boys instead of newborns. I am so excited for each stage, and even though it has been tough, I am going to miss the newborn stage. Every time they learn something new it is so fun. I just don't want them to grow up. I can't believe they are going to be 5 months next Friday! I never understood when my mom said she wanted to "put a bucket on our head" to keep us from growing... now I understand fully. Love you Mom!

Many little things have occurred the past 2 weeks that I want to remember. Both of them found their feet last week and now grab them all the time. I think it is the cutest thing when they play with them! Shep and Spence both like to turn on their sides a lot. It is easier for them to find a toy when they drop it or to look at one another. This has caused them to turn over from their back to belly. Spence has done it a few times and Shep has done it once by accident. Shepherd is very content to lay on his back and play with a toy. He loves his toys and always has to have one in his hands. Today they were laying on a blanket in the den while I washed bottles. They have been looking at one another for a while, but today Spencer LAUGHED at Shepherd. I mean belly laugh! I was so excited! I have been waiting for the time when they REALLY notice one another! Both of them are just laughing all the time!

Today is Friday! YEA for the weekends when I have another set of hands! I will leave you with just one photo...

This is how Matt found us on Wednesday. We were VERY glad to see Daddy walk through the door!

4 comments:

Rachael Thomas said...

Love this picture! It is too cute of all of you! Love, Rachael

Laura said...

The picture just made me crack up laughing!!! Love it!! The boys look so happy!! I bet your grin is because Matt is home. ;-)

Jana said...

Yes, don't let these smiles fool you...you should have seen us 15 mins before....NO smiles!

vicki said...

haha Love the pictures Jana ..they are going to be bestest friends!! I think the days of them babbling to each other is going to increase and so will your heart!!! Love you! Mom