Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tough but Sweet Times

The past week or so has been pretty rough...The boys cried for 2 1/2 hours last night. They are 7 weeks old now and I am really wanting to get them on a good schedule, but we are still in survival mode right now. I keep telling myself not to stress over it and that we will get it all worked out in the weeks to come. I'm nervous about how today is going to go (took me over 2 1/2 hours to finish this blog..HA). My mom was here yesterday and I am so thankful for her! She knows just what to do to help out and it is such a relief to have her here! Love you, Mom!

Here are a few sweet times from this past week...






We have started smiling this week

Not quite ready for the bumpo, but mommy wanted to try it

I'm going to love it!

Wait...maybe not

Sweet brothers!

Daddy already wants me to be able to play in the tub. He bought us rubber duckies.

I'm not too sure about this whole bath thing...

8 comments:

vicki said...

Hi Jan...Love you too..yes yesterday was a little...hmmm...shall we say "noisy"? but still a good day! :-D
I LOVE the pics in the bumpo...so funny..and cute. You are doing fantastic...you really are...you do everything with a smile on your face...even when you are tired! So hang in there! before long..they will be dashing around in a car..and calling you on their cell phones to tell you where they are headed next!! Believe I remember when yall were this little and it WAS yesterday...(sniff sniff)....Love you, MOM

Matt said...

I thought it was 4 hours, seemed like 10! You are so much better at it than me, how come Dad's don't get any of that intuition? We'll get through this together...Love You!

Amy said...

Oh Jana...I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry...you will all settle into a schedule soon. I know it couldn't come soon enough for you as those nights are so trying as are the next days when you are so worn out. Trust me...each stage brings it's new challenges and I too often find myself longing for the next stage without really embracing the blessings of the "now". Shepherd and Spencer are as precious as can be! I hope they allow you some rest soon :)

*and by the way...I wish we lived closer too, so that we could combine our chaos sometimes and I could dump these 9 tubs of clothes off at your house :)

Hang in there. You're doing great!

Megan said...

Oh Jana!! I know those days go! Some days I think Ben just liked hearing himself scream. For some reason, he would calm down if he was next to the dishwasher or washing machine while it was running. He loved the sound. I then started putting a hair dryer on when I put him to sleep and he wouldn't even cry! I started getting nervous that I might burn the house down, so I bought a sound machine that has a "white noise" mode and that was a miracle! I know these days seem like they stretch on forever, but you will be looking back sooner than you think wishing they were tiny again :)

Laura said...

The boys are just precious! I just want to squeeze those chubby cheeks! Rush has those great pinchable cheeks,too, and I just love them! I was just talking to my sister about her baby being up at night,too. She was up last night with her new baby for a while, too. It will pass, but it is hard for anyone else to understand unless they are living it right then!!! If you haven't seen it, try to find a copy of "Happiest Baby on the Block" (the DVD). It has great suggestions for soothing a crying baby. It also has some white noise/heartbeat tracks on it that you can play for the babies. A few of the suggestions on the DVD worked for us. I know you are being a great Mama to those boys! Keep it up! These days will pass, and believe it or not, you will miss them. :-)

Anonymous said...

they are so cute!!!!! i love just looking at their sweet faces!!!! Mrs. Hall, i want to come and see them!!!!! i am so sorry that they have been crying. i know what you mean. with my two little neices. they cry sometimes!!!!!

love, Sarah Northcutt

Catey Marine said...

SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there!!!!



Catey Marine

Anonymous said...

They are so precious! I love all the new pictures! Remember that the Lord only gives us what He knows that we can handle! :) Love you and I really want to see those sweet boys again soon!! Rach