(They were more intrigued with looking at the fan than their mommy)
I have been trying to post now for a week. This past week has been very busy. I cannot believe Shepherd and Spencer are 10 weeks old today. Time is just flying by. My boys are so precious and I am so blessed with such sweetie pies!
I have been trying to post now for a week. This past week has been very busy. I cannot believe Shepherd and Spencer are 10 weeks old today. Time is just flying by. My boys are so precious and I am so blessed with such sweetie pies!
We have been dealing with a lot over the past couple of weeks. My last post was short and sweet and just said we have been dealing with hard times. Well, Shepherd has some colic and Spencer has had some stomach issues which cause a MAJOR diaper rash that would not go away. We have FINALLY gotten that under control and am amazed at the mommas that can use cloth diapers everyday. We used them for a while to help the rash, and I don't see how they do it!
Through all these tough times, the boys have really started smiling! It is so wonderful to see them respond to my smile! They are cooing and even trying to laugh. Spencer will open his mouth so big and want to laugh, but nothing comes out. It is so funny! Both are really holding their heads up well when they are on our shoulder. They love to look around to see what is going on. It really shows me how big they are getting. They are eating every 3 1/2 to 4 hours and taking anywhere between 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 ounces. They both love to eat! They are wearing most 3 month clothes. They are a little big, but all their newborn outfits are too small. So we don't have too much to wear right now, because we are in between sizes.
Here are some sweet smiles!
Spencer's smile-trying to laugh
Shepherd sweet smile-sometimes almost seems like a shy smile
2 month stats:
10 pounds 12 ounces
21 inches tall
-Loves to sleep, but fights it. He will cry until he just gives it up and falls asleep. I have realized that he requires more sleep than Spence.
-When he smiles, his nose crinkles up (He has his Daddy's little nose)
-When laying beside his brother, he loves to just look at Spencer. I can't wait for them to really notice one another and make each other laugh.
-Kicks his feet when I change his diaper in pure joy! He loves to lay on the changing table. Sometimes when he is upset, I can lay him down and he will stop crying...
-Loves his bath- he will smile and kick the water
-Looks so much like my dad (especially when he sleeps!)
-Has the longest, darkest eye lashes
-Has his hands in fists all the time. He looks like he is ready to fight. He puts his hands up to his face when he is sleepy. One is usually in his mouth and the other is touching his ear or hair. It is so precious!
11 pounds 12 ounces (when I took him 5 days later for the rash, he weighed 12 pounds 1 ounce)
22 inches tall
-Smiles and coos all the time
-Loves to stare and talk to the ceiling fan
-Wants to be held by mommy all the time
-Does not like for clothes to go over his head
-Wants to be entertain and talked to (Today I went into the kitchen and his eyes followed me and tried to stretch his neck to see over the couch. When he couldn't see me, he cried. I walked back into the room and there was a big smile)
-Looks more like Matt's side of the family
-Always moving his arms and legs- I think he will have a difficult time sitting still anywhere!
-Does not like to take long naps (most days)- I think he is afraid he will miss something
-Grunts and makes all kind of noises in his sleep (was snoring pretty loud during church last week)
I can't wait for the boys to get older and can help me cook dinner. Here are pictures of them helping us make cookies. Spencer loved it. I think he is ready to eat cookies now, see his tongue! HA! Shepherd still wasn't too sure about the bumpo! Their high chairs get here on Wednesday, and I bet he will like sitting in that better!
The doctor wants me to give them an hour of tummy time a day. I put them on their boppys so they can look at each other and maybe like tummy time better.
Spencer doesn't mind tummy time most of the time. His neck is really getting strong. I think Shepherd wants to sleep.
MOM GET US UP!!!!
Whacha doin mom?
Shep couldn't find his passy, so he found his thumb during his nap last week.
If the boys nap together, they have to be touching. They are so sweet!
We have had some visitors over the past few weeks.
Tony Mauck was driving through to preach at a gospel meeting in FL and he stopped by to see the babies. It was great to see him and catch up! Both boys loved him. Spence thought he was too funny.
DeeDee came and saw us for a few days over her spring break. She was a big help, especially because we had to go to the doctor some while she was here!
My mom is still coming at least once a week to help. I really look forward to these days! It is nice to have extra hands and someone to talk too! We always go out to lunch and shopping if we do it during nap time!
Spring is here!
We ordered a BOB double stroller and have already used it 5 times. Any time it is 60 or above, I am wanting to go for a walk. I just bundle the boys up and go! They are learning to like it. It is so great to be outside!
Sweet Extras....
Mommy is too funny
Tex knows his place...at least he thinks he does...he has his paws just over the line...
Shepherd loves to cross his legs while he sleeps..too cute!




7 comments:
Such sweet pictures! Sorry the last couple of weeks have been rough, let's talk when you have a down minute. Love you!
Hey Jan...Love Love the pictures and this post...Isn't it amazing in 10 short weeks..you know all about their dislikes and likes...their little personalities ...and amazing how you recognize which one is crying from the other room! God made mothers truly amazing...didn't He?
I think Mothers Day should come twice a year!! haha I truly love my 4 sweet grandbabies so much and am so thankful for them! keep the pics coming.....Love Mom
OK...ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WHY MY COMPUTER IS POSTING MY COMMENT AS IT WAS BEING POSTED BY JANA?? haha (obviously computers aren't so amazing!!)
Love MOM...the computer illiterate
Guess who???? Shep and Spence are absolutely PRECIOUS!! I could look at these pics for hours! You can definitely see their differing personalities already, and their smiles just crack me up--I have to keep swallowing, trying not to get choked up over the love that you show while telling us about them--I literally feel it through your words--You are a wonderful mom/dad with a beautiful and precious family <3 Thanks for sharing-BB (The Stalker)
Tex is awfully cute too!
We are all about the walks over here! The boys are growing so fast. What has always puzzled me is all the waiting that you do while you are pregnant, and then once they are born, it's like POW! time flies by. I am in constant disbelief that Mia will be 11 months in just a few days. I used to wish away the first few months because they were so tiring & hard, and now I look back at them with lots of nostalgia and "awh"-ing because even though some of it was trying, she was such a sweetie and I didn't always recognize that. 2 months old-you're like an old pro now!
LOVE all the new pics! You are doing such a great job Jana-they look so healthy and happy! :) I'm sorry these few weeks have been rough. Wish I was there to get out by double stroller and go on walks with you!! Love you! Jenn
They are getting so big! Don't you just love that they are smiling, now?! It makes all the hard times worth it when they show their sweet smiles!! :) Love you! Rachael
Post a Comment