Tuesday, December 15, 2009

33 Week Update and Christmas

I can't believe Christmas is next week. It is so exciting! I went to the doctor yesterday and got a good report, no change. I am so glad the boys have stayed in this long, but I am really getting ready! I wish I could just know when they would come. Waiting and worrying is the hardest! I thought they would be here before Christmas, but now I am not sure. The doctors told me I was the poster child for carrying twins, because I have done so well. I guess that is a compliment, but I am ready to HOLD MY BABIES!

We had to do a non stress test yesterday at the doctor. They put the heart monitors on and need a consistent heart rate for each baby. Well, I was on the table in one position for an hour! Spencer kept moving and they would have to start over to get his heart rate. The doctor came in and it took him 15 minutes to get the heart beat and keep it. I wasn't nervous because we heard the heart beat and knew it was there. Maintaining the rate was the hard part. Spencer has done this from the beginning. We got Shepherd's heart rate quickly and then we got to take off that monitor. I can't wait to see their little personalities once they are out and see if it is like what they are inside.

Hiccup, Hiccup, Hiccup! We are experiencing an overload of the hiccups! Shepherd has the hiccups ALL the time! Last Thursday, he had them 8 times! Spencer doesn't have them as much, maybe once or twice a week. Although yesterday he had them twice. Wonder if Shepherd will have the hiccups all the time once he is here?!

Next week is going to be hard this year, because this is the 1st time ever that I have not gone home during the Christmas season. During the holidays, I become like a little girl again and just want to be at my parent's house. There is something about walking in my parent's house when it is all decorated that makes me feel so happy! This is the 2nd year in a row that I won't be there on Christmas morning for Santa and it is so hard! (Maybe Santa will bring me babies this year, and everyone will come to me!) My family came down on Saturday for us to have a big meal and switch presents, because who knows what the next 2 weeks will be like. It was so much fun! Jackson and Caroline make everything so much more enjoyable! Their personalities CRACK me up! I made Christmas cookies and Caroline and I decorated them. Then her and I played the Monkeys Jumping on the Bed game that we got her. She loves to play, and I could spend all day with her! Jackson is a HAM! He walked in my house and kept saying, "Wow!" at all my Christmas lights. He has the sweetest voice!! He kept us entertained all day! I love these kids! I can't wait to see Shepherd and Spencer in the mix next year! Christmas is so much more fun with kids!

Here are a few pictures from Saturday...

Caroline making icing for our cookies!

Jackson before he went to take a nap in Shep's bed.

Caroline handing out presents. What a sweet smile!

He is very intent on opening the presents!

Look Uncle Matt! Nana and Papa gave me a monkey!!

Caroline LOVES her chocolate from Nana and Papa!
She finally composed herself to show us! Papa and Caroline have the love of goodies in common!

Jackson loves his truck from us!

....or maybe its the box he loves!

Here is Nana sporting her snuggie! Since Nana will be staying with us so much in our cold house we thought it would be funny to get her a Snuggie! ( Me in the backgroud is the only belly picture you will get! )

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this update, and LOVE that you are doing so well with these precious babies! You were made to be a Mommy, Jana. :) We will continue to pray for everyone's health and for the upcoming delivery. Love the pics too-looks like so much fun!! Jenn H.

Nicole Pender said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with your family! The doc's report sounds awesome! Hang in there. Brooks and I will see you sometime this week! ;)

Julie said...

It was a fun day! The kids are really enjoying their presents. Its exciting that the next time we see you, you will have your babies with you! :-)

vicki said...

OOOHHH KAY!!! Posted the infamous pic in the SNUGGIE.. I see!!!!!! :-)

Truth be known? Actually it feels pretty good at night in front of O'Riley and Hannity!! Ha..Had so much fun on Saturday ..Caroline and Jakson were so funny and yes...precious! Great presents...great food...but best of all great spending the day with my favorite people in the whole wide world...How blessed we truly are...waiting on Shep and Spence...and dreaming of holding them too...Love you MOM

DECEMBER 15, 20

Anonymous said...

Jana- I am so proud of you! Your strength and faith thru everything is a testimony to God's blessings. I can't wait to see those sweet babies... but honestly, I am more excited to see your face when you finally get to hold them in your arms!Love every minute of them... I know it sounds cliche, but it goes so fast! Love from the Lone Star State- Kristen

Laura Weldon said...

Both of my boys had hiccups before they were born, and then they had them a lot after they were born, too! I am so glad that things are going well, that the boys are staying where they need to be, and that all three of you are healthy!

lp said...

Yeah for a good report (sorry for the phone call in the waiting room)! So glad you were able to spend time with your fam and hopefully they'll all be back soon! LOVE you!

The Phelps said...

Hey Jana! I'm glad you are doing well. I know you are so excited to meet your boys. They are truly a blessing! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Great update! What great news from your doctor! AND I am loving your Christmas pictures.....my favorite is Caroline with the chocolate bar...then Jackson on the box and finally Vicki with her snuggie. Too cute! And Vicki..no matter what you are wearing...you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
Love, Denise