Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bird Week

Shep and Spence have really gotten into playing the ipad and now LOVE the Angry Bird app. It amazes me how GOOD they are at it. Even at 3 years old, I have had to limit their screen time. Since they love ANGRY birds, I have incorporated that in our school time. I found free printables to use and we have had fun learning about birds. To start our week off, we made bird feeders this weekend. All the kids have loved watching all the birds come and eat off of them.

Sophie loves looking for the birds!




I made pigs and painted a red ball for us to hit the pigs down. This was a HUGE hit!!
Also, I practiced letter sounds one-on-one with each boy. I pointed to a green pig and asked Spencer
"What is this?"
"Pig"
"What sound do you hear at the beginning of pig?"
"Oink Oink"
LOVE IT! I used to ask what sound animals make, now we are working on what sound the WORD and LETTERS make. Transitioning into big boy questions... My sweet heart!
(after we giggled and I repeated the question, he could tell me that PIG starts with the "P" sound)









We went on a nature walk and went bird watching...and flower picking...and puddle jumping...and hand holding! :)


















Last week we studied being helpers and servants during bible time. The boys began having a couple of set chores around the house. They have loved being able to help unload the dishwasher. What big boys they are!













Just a sweet picture of my precious girl who is a little mommy! Her talking has really taken off! She is now saying short sentences.

2 comments:

vicki said...

Love love all of the ideas and pictures! Sweet and smart are those little nana babies!

Denise said...

How precious!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.