Wednesday, May 9, 2012

So I can Sew Applique


I got a sewing/applique machine for my bday. My bday isn't till next week, but I got it early! Let me explain that my sewing ability is limited to sewing on a button...so I have lots to learn! I LOVE applique shirts for the boys and was so excited to learn. I decided to watch utube videos to try and teach myself how to applique. I thought that would be easier than learning how to sew something. I was right! I have been able to applique shirts for the boys and added names and "S" to Sophie's clothes. Here are 2 of the things I have done. I am hoping to take sewing classes at a nearby sewing store soon!


Here are our "zoo" shirts



I took one of the boy's outfits when they were Sophie's age and made it girly...

1 comment:

vicki said...

I love the blue checked outfit that you turned into a precious outfit for Sophie!! It really looked so cute on her!! And the boys shirts too! I love the giraffe! You will get alot of usage out of your machine for many years to come!
I need to dust off my machine and get back to making some things...not sure I even remember how!!

Love you! Mom