Monday, February 20, 2012

Day to Day

Shepherd and Spencer love to learn. Every morning we spend time reading and learning. The boys have picked up very quickly on their letters and numbers. I use a lot of different sources in my planning for their activities. I love pinterest and have recently discovered the ABC Jesus Loves Me website. This summer I hope to spend more time organizing a curriculum to start in the fall for them with 3 year old preschool.

We found these rocks outside and painted them to study the letter "R r".


We have been practicing identifying our lower case letters. b, d, p, and q are tricky!! Here we took paint pens and they would place the paint on the letter I called out.

This was the first time doing an activity like this and they did a great job! Spencer sometimes got carried away and did more than one letter at a time, but that's ok!!


Other news...

Happy Valentine's Day from our Love Bug!


The boys are talking nonstop these days. I may have to start a funny quote section on each blog update. Shep is really cracking us up with his talking. Last week I told him to drink his milk and his reply was, "No Mommy, it's nasty!"

Oh, how our days are filled with so much fun!

2 comments:

Denise said...

What a precious Valentine!! Sophie is getting so big and what a beautiful smile. She is the perfect Valentine for me!!
Jana, you are such a good mother. I love the creative ways you are teaching the boys. What lucky children they are to have you!!! They are so smart. I miss you all so much and would love to see you all.
Love,
DeeDee

vicki said...

I so agree with Denise!! I love the pictures and such a precious idea for pictures of sweet "love bug" Sophie!!
She reminds me so much of you at that age!

Shep and Spence are so smart, too!!

Love you,
MOM...Nana ;=)