Friday, September 23, 2011

This is the time of our lives


I will update a longer post soon, but things have been going really well. Sophie is a month old TOMORROW! I can't believe 4 weeks have gone by. She is a sweet baby. The past couple of weeks she has cried a lot and wanted to be held all the time. I decided to take dairy out of my diet to see if that helped and we saw a change within a DAY! I really miss my milk and cheese, but this week has been SO much better! She is giving us 4-5 hour stretch at night and sleeping well during the day. She fights sleep some, but I know how to handle that now because so did Shepherd.

The boys love Sophie and have to know where she is at all times. Here are some cute things that the sweet big brothers have done.

Brotherly Love

~Spence saw Sophie raising her arm and shaking her fist. He ran over to her, put his fist on hers and said, "Nucks, Nucks". He gave her her first fist bump!

~Spence tried to pick her up 2 days ago. Luckily I was right there.



~Shep loves to give her hugs and hold her. He follows me around where ever I go.

~ Shep loves to stand and peek through at Sophie while I am changing her diaper.


I love to see how all my children interact. God has truly blessed me so much! What a wonderful life I have!

2 comments:

The Phelps said...

Glad things are going well, Jana. It looks like Sophie has some great big brothers! Oh, and Avery had the monkey and green sleepers, too!

Jenn G said...

Did you ever sign up for Pleonast? There's a nursing group on there and several of the mamas had to go dairy free so they have some great suggestions (I thought I was going to have to so I was researching!) If you aren't on there, let me know and I can copy/paste the info into an email :)