As we continue the waiting game (1 1/2 weeks...), mom brought down an old baby doll for me to "practice" with the boys on how to treat Sophie. (I saw it on the Duggars. LOVE them!) I know that this will in no way compare to a moving baby with grunts and noises that will perk their interest more, but I think we have come a long way today. I am getting out all the baby gear, so it will not be a new "toy" to Shepherd and Spencer. They are learning that the "seat" and "swing" is for Sophie. It is amazing to me all the words they are associating with her already! They are going to love their "Fefe".
Shepherd loved to identify all the baby's parts on her face. While Spencer watched over her. He likes to think about his next move. We talked about not touching her face and only her toes. Now they are obsessed with her toes! Words they said during these pictures: nose, mouth, eyes, hat, toes, hair, baby's seat, FeFe, my turn, night night, and easy. We are really learning what the word easy means!
Here are some pictures from playing baby today. Please excuse their hair! We have been in the pool this morning and then slept with damp hair. :)
Shep has located her mouth and eyes. They are obsessed with sticking their fingers in her eyes. Glad we are working on that now!!
Yes, just pat the baby. EASY!
Baby he kept saying
And the whole reason for this practice session....
Again...she is going to be a tough little girl!
We can't wait for her to get here! They are absolutely going to love her! I can't wait to see how they all grow up together. What a blessing from God this is! Here they are loving on the baby...
Told them to hug the baby..so Shep hugged Spencer. LOVE this picture!!
There we go!
Sweet Spence giving her a hug and kiss! He was being so easy!




5 comments:
You are so smart! Those two are going to be GREAT big brothers!
That is a really cute idea..You do realize that the doll I brought was the "other" twin doll that came with the twin dolls yall got for Christmas one year ...many many years ago...Hmmmm...guess that was the start of TWINS in our family...Ha!
When I say many many years ago....I feel sad all over again..missing Justin...and all my children home...but life goes on with more to love from all my wonderful grands! Maybe you should video a baby crying and add some "sound" to the baby laying in the swing...I would love to see their faces when that "baby doll" cries!! Love yall Mom
Oh, Vicki.....your comment made me cry!! I have been thinking about you this past week. It was so good to see Justin last Sunday.....he is such a good looking young man and I can't believe he is in Auburn this year.
JANA....the pictures are absolutely adorable. What sweet boys. They will be such good big brothers. We SOOOOO enjoyed being with y'all last weekend and can't wait to come back after Sophie is born and see them again with their little baby sister. We are praying for you and waiting to hear the good news!!!! Love you all and I agree with Vicki.....love the videos of the boys. I watch them over and over!!!
Denise
LOVE this post! What sweet little men. It's so awesome that your little girl will have these protective big brothers.
lots of fun to come! It still warms my heart every time T kisses Seth, and he won't go to bed without doing it. :) Praying for y'all!! We can't wait to hear the news!
Post a Comment