Thursday, January 6, 2011

There is two?


As I continue to remember the events leading to their birth, I remember how I couldn't wait to be a Mommy. We had prayed for a baby for so long. As a lot of you know, my ride to get a baby was an emotional one. The day I found out I was pregnant was exciting, but didn't seem real! Matt and I were headed to the beach with my family for the weekend. I wouldn't be able to go to the doctor for a confirmation till afterwards. I couldn't wait, so my doctor let me get a blood test done to have the results before our trip. My nurse said my numbers were "off the charts"...first sign on twins. It was so fun telling my family!

(had a video, but it wouldn't work...)

When we got back our suspicions were true... there were two....!!
We were so excited about preparing for twins! With two, lets just say I did not have an easy pregnancy. I took it very easy, because I was so afraid of them coming early. I read every twin book I could get my hands on. They had some real horror stories about babies coming early. I just took it easy. Those last few months I just sat at home. I couldn't walk anyway, because I was so big.

36 Weeks- Going to my last doctor's appt

37 Weeks- Leaving for hospital

Everything went great and I had two healthy 6 pound boys. They did not have to spend any time in the NICU and got to go home with me from the hospital. What a blessing!!



More on the actual birth to come.....

1 comment:

vicki said...

Oh Jana you are so blessed and it has been a wonderful year!! Shep and Soence are such a blessing to us all...I love them so much and can NOT imagine life without them!

Love yall, MOM