I cannot believe I am posting that my sweet ones are 6 months old!! In a way it seems like just yesterday I was bringing them home from the hospital! I can still remember them being able to sleep in their bassinets together...now they can barely fit under their play mat!
If I am this sad on their 1/2 birthday, I am not looking forward to their 1st birthday! We have come so far in the past 6 months. I feel like we are doing great and are having so much fun! My boys are such a joy! God has truly blessed me!
Here are a few fun things about each...
Shepherd
-kicks his feet and shakes in arms in delight; loves to feel the bed shake as he kicks
- shakes his leg while he eats....thanks Daddy! ;)
-has a sweet shy smile; leans his head into you when he smiles
-knows exactly what he wants!
-talks and coos when he wakes up
-squeals when you walk in the room to get him out of the bed
- loves to eat!! Loves sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, apples, bananas, and is liking sweet peas a little more
- loves his ExcerSaucer and Baby Einstein
-can sit up for a minute
Trying to hold his own bottle (look at those eyelashes!!)
I'm a cutie!
Spencer
- laughs easily and is easy going
-only cries when he is sleepy
-is a little bit of a momma's boy-(that's ok with me!)
- loves to eat! Loves sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, apples, bananas, and sweet peas (sometimes)
- will gag on food he doesn't like
- has waved bye bye three times!
- started sitting up at 5 1/2 months
-is beginning to try and figure out how to scoot
Trying to hold his bottle too. Sweet lips!!
I'm trying to figure out how to get you!
Sweet brothers
Spencer is trying to put his arm around Shepherd.
On Saturday, we had my parents, Julie and Blake and their kids down to celebrate Shepherd and Spencer's 1/2 birthday. The past 6 months have been so great and I want to make Shep and Spence feel special as much as I can!
I made a Coca Cola cake. Each boy had a HALF...(they didn't get to try it though. We will save that for January). I used the cake topper from my baby shower.
Spence-wants the cake
Shep- more concern about the apples I am feeding him
The boys were watching Papa and Daddy put up the tent.
Loving on Spencer. Look at Caroline and Jackson's face...precious!




4 comments:
I love reading your posts, even though I'm there, it just feels so official. On one hand it seems like such a long time ago that we were at the hospital meeting them for the first time, but on the other hand it seems to have flown by! You're a wonderful Mama!
Jana, I agree with Matt. You are a wonderful mother to your babies. You are so loving and caring even though you are so busy. How lucky they are to be able to hear you "belly laugh" with them..as you do...smile at them.. probably a million times a day...play with them and try SOO hard to give them equal attention. When i watched you bathe them on Saturday ..it was if it was your first time ..laughing at their splashing ALL over the place. The way you are creating such a happy environment for them will stay with them their entire lives! I agree with Matt..I love reading what you write..it is very special..and I hope you are saving all your sweet words for them to read themselves one day!!
Jana...I love to read your blog...it makes me feel like I am right there...You are not only a talented writer but a super mom...You truly seem to LOVE being a mom!!! Your happiness shows everyday and it is rubbing off on your babies...because they are always so happy!!! I can't believe they are already six months!!!!!
I had tears rolling down my cheeks reading your sweet words about your precious babies!! You are such a wonderful mother and I am so blessed that you are the mother of my darling little grandbabies!! What a joy you all will have playing, learning, and growing as a family. May God bless you all with continued LOVE and happiness through the years. Much love...
DEEDEE
Post a Comment