We started giving cereal a couple of weeks ago. The boys didn't really like it at first, but this week we added applesauce to it and they LOVE it. We are giving sweet potatoes tonight for the first time. Here is what they look like afterwards...
I guess the big news this week was Spencer scooted a little on his belly Sunday night! He may be an early crawler and Mommy isn't too sure about what to do with herself once that begins! I have moved our ottoman and just lay out a big blanket. I have their toys all around me and we just play most of the day. We move from the bouncy seats, to the floor, to their exersaucers, floor, then to their bumpos. They aren't sitting up yet, so I don't want them laying on their backs all day (but its hard with two, because I can't hold both of them all the time even though I want too!).


They have begun chewing on EVERYTHING! It is so funny to see the boys grab something and then can't get it to their mouth fast enough. Shepherd has really started yelling this week. He is talking all the time and has gotten very loud. This makes for an interesting church service!.
This is Shep's favorite chew toy!
We have a fun couple of weeks ahead of us! We are taking them on their first beach trip! I love the beach and have been dreaming about going since last October when I was confined to the house! I can't wait to let the waves roll over my feet! I know it will be a little more hectic since we will have 2 little ones in tow, but I think it will make it more fun. We are getting to go and that is all that matters! I can't wait to take pictures of the boys on the beach. I wonder what they will think of the sand on their feet. I can't wait!
In a few weeks, the boys will be going on their first plane trip. Matt's mom is getting married in Houston. We are so excited for her and can't wait for all Matt's family to see the babies! We are staying with Matt's cousins Brad and Lydia who are expecting. I can't wait to see them and talk Baby! I have to admit though, I am a little nervous about the plane trip. We will be confined to 2 small seats with 4 people! I think I am more worried about the people around us! Maybe they will have sympathy for us since we have twins, and not get too aggravated with cries! =) It will be an adventure! I will try and take pictures all along the way!



3 comments:
What a fun few weeks you have ahead of you! I'm so jealous you can go to the beach!
We flew when the boys were about 7 months old and they did great! Just a warning: there is only one extra oxygen mask per row, so only one baby is allowed per row. We were on opposite ends of the plane on our trip there, but the plane was not as crowded on the way back and they gave us a whole row to ourselves. You might just consider packing an extra little bag of necessities in case you are separated. We were not prepared and other passengers kept having to hand things back to Dustin. It was kind of comical.
And I wouldn't worry at all about people being irritated. Eli and Landon got a LOT of attention in the airport and it was all positive!
Good luck!
Thanks Amy for the info, we did not know that!
The boys sure are growing up fast, can't believe they'll be sitting up soon!
YAY!!!! Can't wait to see you and I too am looking forward to some good Baby Talk!!!! Love you! Your boys are just precious as ever!!!
Post a Comment