Saturday, January 2, 2010

36 WEEKS

We reached 36 weeks yesterday and it came with a punch! I woke up thinking "This is it". I could barely walk due to the immense pressure. I automatically got in the bath tub to get some relief...and there was none. For the next couple of hours there was nothing I could do to feel better. We talked to the on call doctor and unless I was having regular contractions he said to just stay in bed. He said since I was 36 weeks with twins, the boys are getting big so there wasn't much we could do to make me more comfortable. So, for the past 2 days I have not left my bedroom except twice to try and eat with Matt and his mom who is visiting. I had to hurry and eat because sitting up was NO FUN! I am not having contractions if I stay in the bed, but the pressure is still here. If they go away, it means they aren't doing anything. =(

TUESDAY, TUESDAY, TUESDAY- I go for an ultrasound and HOPEFULLY we will talk about inducing in the next week. We are hoping for Saturday, Jan 9 because my doctor is on call and I will be 37 weeks. Won't it be wonderful if they come and are not considered preemies!?!? I can't wait to see their faces, and now we are so anxious to see how much they will weigh! I feel so blessed to have been able to carry them this far,but I continue to pray for their health daily!

Time is getting very near! Maybe the next post will be hospital pictures!

11 comments:

D.P. said...

Congratulations on making it this far!!! That would be amazing if they were able to come straight home with you guys :) I'll be praying for yall!

lp said...

Bless your heart! I love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing...I can't even imagine how uncomfortable you must be. But you will soon get to hold both of those precious boys in your arms! Good luck my dear and hang in there...can't wait to see pictures of your SONS! Love you, Audrey

Anonymous said...

I am so excited. i can't wait to see what they look like!!!!!
love,
Sarah Northcutt

Julie said...

I'm so sorry you've been feeling bad. At least that means the time is getting closer.....we can't wait! We're all anxious to see them!

Amy said...

I've been wondering how you are doing. I just can't imagine how uncomfortable you must be. You've done great though and what a blessing it will be to not have an extended hospital stay! I'll be praying for you this week.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh this is so exciting! I am sorry you have not been feeling well. Hopefully not too much longer. 37 weeks would be super great! You are such a trooper Jana! You all are in our prayers!!!

Love ya! Lyds

Anonymous said...

I just got home. It was so good to be with you and Matt. I enjoyed every second of it, but was sorry you were not feeling well. Can't wait to hear what you find out from the Doctor tomorrow. Praying for your comfort and a safe delivery....SOON! Love you.
Denise

lp said...

(just laughed OUT LOUD at the visual of you sledding)

vicki said...

Jana...I am so excited you have made it this far!! I know you have felt so bad...but you still have a smile on your face! Just a little bit longer...just a little bit longer...just keeping telling yourself that! Such a blessing...these babies are going to be...We all love you very much!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you DAILY Jana! I know what an emotional time this is, and can only imagine the pressure you're feeling. So, so happy you've done so well carrying these boys and SO excited they're almost here. Praying for you!
Love you,
Jenn H.